POSTS
10
February 2017
Hello world!
PORTFOLIO
SEARCH
SHOP
  • Your Cart Is Empty!
Massivedynamic.co

Ways to Give

Online (Credit / Debit)

Simply click here to make your gift!

Credit Card / Cheque

Simply fill up a Gift Form and pass it to any committee member, or to the friendly folks from the Development Office, which is located at Senior Administration, Level 3, East Core.

Cash

Drop by our lunch tables, located at all three dining halls, on Thursday, 16 February 2017, between 12:00pm to 1:30pm.

* Your gift will be counted towards #SCGyalenus if you are set to graduate in May 2017, or if you are a senior on track to graduate from any of our Concurrent Degree Programmes or the Double Degree Programme with Law in May 2018.

** Singapore tax residents will receive a 2.5 times tax deduction on their gifts. If you have any questions regarding your gift, you can contact giving@yale-nus.edu.sg, or look for Andy/Rachel/Joella at the Development Office.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Senior Class Gift?

Senior Class Gift is the graduating class’ gift to the College on the occasion of their graduation. It serves to encourage a continued tradition of giving and to inspire alumni to continue giving back to the College, even after graduation.  

What will my gift go towards?

The Senior Class Gift of 2017 will be channelled towards Financial Aid, which enables financially needy students to study at Yale-NUS without having to worry about their financial burdens or obligations.  

Why should I make a gift?

As the Class of 2017 has shaped much of the College’s culture and traditions, making a gift will allow the class to also shape a tradition of giving at the College and set an example for future classes as they too come up with their own Senior Class Gift. More importantly, it’s a chance to pay it forward for all the opportunities we’ve enjoyed during our time in college. Making a gift contributes towards enabling our financially needy peers (whom we know and love) to receive financial aid so that they can enjoy a Yale-NUS education without financial worries.  

I already paid full tuition to come to Yale-NUS. Why should I give?

Like many other institutions, the College operates on a model where fees charged cover only a fraction of the true cost of a Yale-NUS education. However, the College does not want to deny any deserving student an opportunity to have a Yale-NUS education simply because they cannot afford it. Private philanthropy from various generous donors enables Yale-NUS to subsidise part of our education. The Senior Class Gift is a great way to join the rest of these donors in building a sustainable culture of giving at the College.  

I already give to other causes. Why should I give to Yale-NUS?

Consider making gifts to both! Giving to Yale-NUS demonstrates class and school pride and is a great way to showcase your endorsement of the College and its future. It also shows others outside of the community that Yale-NUS has a strong culture of giving, and encourages future classes to follow in your footsteps.  

I can’t afford to make a big gift. Besides, a small amount of money won’t make much of a difference, right?

Every gift counts! In line with the challenges offered by various generous donors, such as one-to-one matching and participation challenges, the impact of your gift will be multiplied. What’s more, giving together as a class ensures that we can collectively make a difference to our Yale-NUS community and create new traditions.  

How can I give?

Online (Credit / Debit): Simply click here to make your gift!  

Credit Card / Cheque: Fill up a Gift Form and pass it to any committee member, or to the friendly folks from the Development Office, which is located at Senior Administration, Level 3, East Core.

Cash: Drop by our lunch tables, located at all three dining halls, on Thursday, 16 February 2017, between 12:00pm to 1:30pm.

I have questions or concerns, who do I contact?

You may reach out to any Senior Class Gift committee member here. Alternatively, you may also email giving@yale-nus.edu.sg or drop by the Development Office (inside Senior Administration, East Core Level 3) to look for Joella, Rachel, or Andy.